Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Dodge Ram 2500 and am having problems getting the blend door actuator to operate. I picked up a working blend door actuator and when I put 12 volts to the motor it operates and turns. I initially plugged it into the blend door plug hanging by the firewall and it worked when the key was on the ON position and the switch for defrost / face was selected. I then installed the blend door actuator and now NO POWER when it is plugged in and key on and selector turned to the various positions. Taking the actuator out of the truck (which is a huge pain) then actuator still works under a battery load....
I checked the 10 amp fuse for heater motor and fuse checks out. Fan will blow, but no power to actuator. The actuator has three wires going into the small tab that fits into it. Does anyone know which ones do what? It dosen't appear that I have any power coming out of that little plug, but did just a few days ago?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 and I think you're looking in the wrong area, it's operated by vacuum. check your vacuum lines. Three things are operated by the vacuum lines, cruise control, 4x4 and air flow control

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did check the vacuum lines and can;t find any breaks. 4WD and cruise works. Thinking it may be Ac/Heater control unit as only getting power from the BLUE wire in the plug..Nothing from the yellow / orange wire even while turning the temp control from Hot to cold...any other suggestions are welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did locate a cracked vacuum line and repaired it. Immediately I was getting the controller to work, as it can now direct for defrost / legs / face settings. That part is now fixed. The BLEND door is still not operating and cannot turn the door from hot to the cold setting.
I have two blend door motors and both test out working when I put a 9 volt battery on them and turn just fine. Once installed and the plug is put in, the motor does not turn. There are three live wires on the plug. Only the blue wire shows power from the ignition. The yellow wire does not show power and as far as I was told that wire determines the HOT/COLD setting of the door. Has anyone had an issue like this with blend door motors? All fuses check out OK and the fuse for the blend door motor is the same fuse for the blower motor which is working fine...
Does anyone have any experience or insight on the blend door motor not turning?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts