Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone please confirm whether or not the 2012 6.7's have a low oil level indication and if so, at what level does it indicate. I don't see anything in the manual about oil other than low oil pressure. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On previous diesels i have owned, there was a “low oil level” display that was triggered whenever the oil level was ~2 quarts low. This provided significant margin before “low oil pressure” would be an issue. I am just wondering if the 2012 Dodge 6.7 has such an alarm/indication. Seems to me that relying on “low oil pressure” is a throw-back to the past low oil pressure “idiot light” that let you know you had already done or were right on the verge of engine damage. And, I do understand I can pop the hood and check the level. With today’s technology, some of us tend to only pop the hood when the “check engine” light comes and then only to verify the engine is still there. J For what it is worth, I have rented cars in the lesser traveled areas of Alaska that seemed to have been maintained that way.

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL – thanks for not busting my chops on this one. I can see where my question was poorly worded. So, I gave it another try.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Much better thanks.I would assume their is that kind of a warning yes.But i'm not to familiar with the 6.7 electronics.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I'm gona Shoot the wind and go against my better judgment and say that there is one. The only reason I would say that is because it should have a service engine soon for oil change intervals or normal preventive maintenance, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts