Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 2500, which I use to tow my 5th wheel. I would like to improve MPG. So, I assume adding cold air intake, Smarty Jr, and improved exhaust is the right step.

?? Is that correct?
?? I assume the
towing tune would be best, correct?
?? Is it wise to use a DPG delete pipe?
-
Answers to these questions and your input would be appreciated.

Thanks, David

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I have a 2008 2500, which I use to tow my 5th wheel. I would like to improve MPG. So, I assume adding cold air intake, Smarty Jr, and improved exhaust is the right step.

?? Is that correct?
?? I assume the
towing tune would be best, correct?
?? Is it wise to use a DPG delete pipe?
-
Answers to these questions and your input would be appreciated.

Thanks, David
First of all this is a mess when you quote this. As far as the DPF Delete, you will see excellent gains. But you will need a good controller like the smarty jr. I'm a fan of Smarty it has been a proven system. I would also say that EFILive is an excellent alternative when available for your truck.

Keep in mind the DPF Delete might not be legal in your area. So make sure you're not breaking any emissions laws.

Intake and exhaust is a must, or the tuners would be somewhat ineffective. Not all trucks are created equal so what works for one vehicle might not for the other of the same make, model and vintage.

Make sure you get gauges. EGT, BOOST, and if you have an automatic trans temp is important.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
You mods need to not delete my posts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.