Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2002 duramax and everytime i leave an intersection or my driveway the truck seems to have no power at all. i just changed the fuel filter, air cleaner and did an oil change. the oil pressure gauge reads fine and everything reads fine once i get on it. i have a edge with attitude in it and a 4" exhaust on it, nothing else after market. my fuel gauge stopped awhile back, do you think it might be that? i dont now what it could be any help would be appreceated. the injectors got dun about 70,000 ago

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Try a K&N or something similar CAI

Your 4' exhaust : Is it a Cat back or turbo back?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My exhaust is a turbo back, and I have a spectron air cleaner in it already. Will the stock air box with a k&n make a difference?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The edge has been in the truck for almost a year and it just started acting like this, my fuel gauge is messed up, so the sending unit has to be changed, do you think that the sending unit could finally be shitting the bed?

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
The edge has been in the truck for almost a year and it just started acting like this, my fuel gauge is messed up, so the sending unit has to be changed, do you think that the sending unit could finally be shitting the bed?
Try driving it with out the Edge installed. I have seen several truck act like this due to the Edge box going out. The sending unit wouldn't cause the truck not to run.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks for the help, I'll take it out today after work and I'll let you guys know, thanks for all the help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So the chip is out and my truck is still doing the same thing, do you guys have any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes to force the computer to go to stock settings. When you removed the chip did you set it back to stock first?

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes to force the computer to go to stock settings. When you removed the chip did you set it back to stock first?
My apologies Zombie, But that's unfortunate information you gave. You just had this guy clear his computer of any and all historical codes by disconnecting the batteries. I'm wondering if he scanned his truck for codes as suggested by Luke before disconnecting his batteries?

Now there is a possibility that this chap has to drive another 2000 miles or less in this condition to reestablish a possible code problem.

Good initiative, bad judgement soldier.​

You only need to apply this technique after a good scan. He needs to find out if the controller caused the issue, or if he is having other issues non-related to the controller. This may have caused a loss in proof of an issue with the unit.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Not really Rustin. By resetting the computer, of there is a problem it will happen again quicker than 1000 miles, but I was under the assumption that he had already gotten the codes scanned prior to this.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Good Investment!

I'm going to have it sent back then going to buy a ppe chip for it
I think after your able to diagnose any and all issues with your truck? You will find that to be a wise investment. Pacific Performance Engineering (PPE)

Luke where is the link to your PPE products? You went and changed the site on me? :Na_Na_Na_Na:

I do think if your able to afford the PPE you might want to seriously think about EFI Live! It is by far the most detailed highly successful tuning software for the Duramax!

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Not really Rustin. By resetting the computer, of there is a problem it will happen again quicker than 1000 miles, but I was under the assumption that he had already gotten the codes scanned prior to this.
Hold on Zombie, I'm not in full disagreement with you bud. Here let me repost the last part of my information.

You only need to apply this technique after a good scan. He needs to find out if the controller caused the issue, or if he is having other issues non-related to the controller. This may have caused a loss in proof of an issue with the unit.
I understood what you were trying to do. It was a bit premature, because we have yet to pinpoint the problem. A scanner would have cleared the computer without going to the extreme of disconnecting the batteries. There might be the possibility that his batteries were causing the issue? Certain controllers, diesels, and the computers that make them do what they do is data driven. If there were no codes then it would be safe to say it's an issue with hardware, or something easy (it's always something simply overlooked). Having all of the information for the eyes to see is very important before one does any corrections.
Rules of Engagement for diesels.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts