Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys i am looking at purchasing my first dodge cummins. I just got done looking at a 2000 5.9 5pd short bed quad cab cummins. It looks pretty bad a**. This truck drove great and definitly had a ton of power! He is wanting $9500 for it. I need some help in deciding if you guys think it is worth 9500 he definitley has more than that in it but theirs a few things wrong with it.:4-dontknow:
Positives: 4x4, Edge prgrammer, 800 miles on tires (35in mud grapplers on 18in wheels), 6in lift, After Market shocks, rebuilt Tranny, 161,000 miles, oversized injecters, leather interior, after market sound system, fass fuel pump, air horns, Aftermarket clutch.
Negatives: Ac needs charged (hopefully), Dash has small crack but not a big deal alot of older dodges do, Small dents on tail gate, No rear bumper a guy clipped his back bumper and he took it off so their is a dent under the back left tail light, their is 3 wheel studs broke one wheel and 2 on another, paint has a few cracks in it, its flat black he painted it himself doesn't look to bad though other than a few cracks on it. Some reason third gear is a little tricky, it grinds a little if you dont ease it in but i figured it out. All the other gears are perfectly fine. Driver and passenger seat both have a rip as seen in pic.

Here is some pics. Love to here your guy's opinion on it! THANKS

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i was looking at dodges when i bought my ford. so this is all i have gathered. if it grinds going into 3rd means there is a bad synchro. simple as that. i dont believe it has a new transmission or even a rebuilt one if thats the case (if it is new, why doiesnt he claim that under the transmissions warranty? does he have proof it was replaced with a new or rebuilt). dash crack is normal. wheel studs are relatively easy. seat rips are normal. go to walmart and get a seat of seat covers.

$9600 is a lkittle high considering the trans needs work. i would offer him $8000-$8500. but thats just me.

remember modifications dont add to a value of the vehicle.

truck needs tires to drive right?
needs injectors to run right?
shocks to absorb bumps right?
suspension to hold the frame off the axles right?

i learned that lesson a few years back with my highly highly modified 300c. i have over $25,000 in mods in it. know what i got out of it? just book value.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was looking at dodges when i bought my ford. so this is all i have gathered. if it grinds going into 3rd means there is a bad synchro. simple as that. i dont believe it has a new transmission or even a rebuilt one if thats the case (if it is new, why doiesnt he claim that under the transmissions warranty? does he have proof it was replaced with a new or rebuilt). dash crack is normal. wheel studs are relatively easy. seat rips are normal. go to walmart and get a seat of seat covers.

$9600 is a lkittle high considering the trans needs work. i would offer him $8000-$8500. but thats just me.

remember modifications dont add to a value of the vehicle.

truck needs tires to drive right?
needs injectors to run right?
shocks to absorb bumps right?
suspension to hold the frame off the axles right?

i learned that lesson a few years back with my highly highly modified 300c. i have over $25,000 in mods in it. know what i got out of it? just book value.
I meant to say rebuilt not new and ya you got a very valid point about the mods. As far as papers i forgot to ask like a dumba** i meant to ask him and somehow i forgot i'm gonna give him a call tomorrow though so ill ask him then. Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yeah people when they sell their stuff they think that mods add value, but here is a clue, look in nada or kbb do they have a mods section? no. so take it for what it is worth....

no problem my friend. i hope you stick around the site and become a valuable member of the forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One did just recently pop up on craigslist that looks to be pretty clean. Here is what he has posted and i talked to him on the phone and hes not gonna go bellow 11500 right now and i was thinking i could find one a little cheaper than that, but id like to hear your guy's opinion on it.

Cummins H.O. 2002 4x4 5.9
6 Speed manual
201 K

No Mods, except 5" Turbo Back and Air Filter

Mechanical-Excellent
Grey cloth interior-Very Good
Hunter green exterior-Minor blemishes for the year it is

B&W Turnover ball never used
new frontend
plow springs
bilstein 5100 shocks
cold a/c
heater works great
3 month old clutch

tons of receipts for this diesel truck

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
With out seeing pictures of it, it's difficult to give a fare opinion.

But I can't get past the fact it's almost 10 years old with over 200,000 mls
and he still wants over $10,000 for it.

Is the paint and body still mint?
Does it come with custom after market rims?

Don't forget, most people sell their vehicle cause of a issue. You don't sell your vehicle cause it's running great

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With out seeing pictures of it, it's difficult to give a fare opinion.

But I can't get past the fact it's almost 10 years old with over 200,000 mls
and he still wants over $10,000 for it.

Is the paint and body still mint?
Does it come with custom after market rims?

Don't forget, most people sell their vehicle cause of a issue. You don't sell your vehicle cause it's running great
ya you got a point here is a link. http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/2591060424.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.