Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 7.3 trucks bought the truck needing g repairs to the transfer case and drive shafts added antigen due to cold weather started it after about 5 minutes it started chugging and died figure I had to much additive in the the front ta k as it was half full switched to the rear tank tried to crank it over and nothing lights come on as they normally would then after the glow plugs cycle try to start and nothing no cel codes come on and 2 scanners didn't pick up on anything either now I have 2 brand new napa batteries and new terminals and I have good ground as well if I jumper the starter solinoid the truck will crank but will never start have ran the column shift through all gears thinking maybe a linkage adjustment issue nothing changed its as if the whole truck just shut down I have to get this back up quickly I'm new to diesel engines I'm at a loss here

·
Registered
2 Posts
It qas common for the bowl heater to go bad and blow the maxi fuse in fusebox as bowl heater and IDM are on same circuit you're done

Check fuse if bad disconnect fuel bowl heater insulate the wire ends replace fuse and run the old girl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts