Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a f-250 1993 with a 7.3 non turbo engine it has now 275,000 miles on it and just seems it does not want to stop running good... I've been wanting to replace the truck for a year now but it has been such a problem free engine ??? do they usually go for much longer than that??? oil pressure is still good and it burn next to nothing of oil ? (1/2 of a quart between oil changes, 4000miles)

I really don't know much about all this but it looks to me there is no computer or anything like that on this truck, I've been doing the regular oil and fuel filter change and had the tranny rebuilt about 25,000 miles ago but besides that nothing? should i be expecting the engine to die soon or should i just keep it?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
28 Posts
as long as the cooling system and regular services are maintained you can get 500k+ out of that engine... it won't do it very fast, but it will keep going for sure...
in 93 if your truck is an automatic... the only computer you would have would be for the automatic e40d.. unless its a c-6 or manual trans

·
Banned
1,488 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
im confused.. is there an issue or not?

btw dont forget to stop by the newbie introduction area, to introduce yourself!

http://www.dieselforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
hello zombiesoldier, ok so i did my intro, thanks for directing me on that one... No there is no issue with the truck, just a concern on the high millage and how mutch longer i should be expecting with that engine, with regular maintenance.

I know very little of diesel engines... I wanted to change the truck since a month ago when I saw a oil leak comming from the engine. It leak on the front differential and seems to be coming from a big tube (oil pump???) on the right side of engine (looking from front)

Now the leak is extremely minimal, sometime i will find a tiny bit of oil on the ground after being part, like 3 drops, but most of the time there is nothing just that the diff. is wet (oil). And between oil changes it only takes 1/2 a quart of oil .

should I be concern about that? Thaks for your help

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i would personally try to find people that live in your area from the forum and see if they can help determine the cause of the problem.

from there i would keep an eye on oil level while saving to get it fixed if it is expensive. if it is cheap, and easy to do bite the bullet and get 'er done. i had a problem with my powerstroke leaking and come to find out it was the fuel filter bowl's o-rings were leaking. $8.00 later my truck was back on the road again.

the 7.3 is very hardy motor.. will last for a long long time, as long is it gets maintained, much like any motor. just spend a bit of money now and get all the fluids flushed and hopefully prevent a lot of problems later!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts