Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 88 703L they let it run out of fuel other day! I put some fresh fuel all was good. Couple days later started running kinda rough,and start dieing . Will start
HARD and idle, if i try to drive might go 300ft + -I went through about 5mi getting to the house. SO, replaced fuel filter, fuel pump mechanical,and still acts the same. when it dies it dies no putt putt.Acts like it ran out of fuel ,but I know thats not it.Does anyone know how the injector pump acts when it's going bad?
anyway to check? I'd be greatful for any ideas or help!
Thanks esley

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
The best way is to test the fuel pump for correct pressure. You might not have primed the fuel system correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 02 7.3. I have had every problem you can imagine. Mine takes 70 psi to the filter to run. Not the 55 the dealer says. It is regulated by the spring check valve that can go bad ( I carry an extra O ring ) or debris. I also had the pickup tube in the tank crack once, that was hard to find.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I have a 02 7.3. I have had every problem you can imagine. Mine takes 70 psi to the filter to run. Not the 55 the dealer says. It is regulated by the spring check valve that can go bad ( I carry an extra O ring ) or debris. I also had the pickup tube in the tank crack once, that was hard to find.
I find the Power Strokes a bit easier to deal with then the IDI, which is what this thread is about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.