Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my transmission was not shifting normally between 1st and 2nd. I might of noticed it also after climbing up a rough forest road to Mera but dismissed it. On the way home it become clear there was a problem. It would just hang in 1st until I let off the throttle then shift but if I accelerated to hard it would shift right back into 1st. Once I got about 35mph it would work normally and I could just drive, at least until the next time I stopped or slowed below 25mph. I thought how can this be I only have 56K on the truck! Anyway I have been very busy so I have not had time to dig real deep into this but the first thing I found was a TSB for failure of the governor solenoid. The description really sounded like what I was experiencing so I purchase the governor solenoid, governor pressure sensor & filter. While I had the pan off I decided to adjust the bands as well but the front band adjustment did not feel right. After loosening the lock nut you are support to adjust the band to 75 in lbs but the screw turns all the way into the trans housing freely!!! With the valve body installed you really can see only about a 1/2" of the band screw tip and the band, I reached into the small hole and pushed on the band and it moved back then made a click noise but when I released it it returned back to its previous position. I went ahead and installed the new parts and reassembled the trans as it was my only way home from work. Nothing changed. I did adjust the front band as tight as it would go as well.
I don't have any real experience in transmission and not sure what secures the other end of the band. I am thinking that maybe it moved out of position or maybe its broken???? Any thoughts out there.​

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Change the transmission fluid and tell us what the color is. If it's cloudy and looks like a dark strawberry milk, the clutches are going bad. Possibly the torque converter is going, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i am experiencing the same issues with my 06 ram. the oil looks good in colour. what was the solution that you came up with. service the transmission?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hi Mega 5.9
This is an OLD thread and those past members haven't been back in a long time.
You may want to start a new thread with a detailed description of your truck issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts