Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I was gonna ask what you were looking to achieve with your tune for your LMM,
but I'm guessing your looking for performance being that you want to straight pipe it.

I would go EFI Live
You'll need that to delete the Cat and the DPF

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Single or duals you wont see or feel a difference other then it is way better then stock. Banks is good, but for a bit less MBRP, Flow-pro or Diamond Eye might be a good choice. EFILive would be an excellent tuner. If your on a budget PPE (Pacific Performance Engineering) is well made for just a plug and play flash tuning device.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
stay away from the banks it is overrated, and over priced. you can get the same stuff, if not better from other companies for much cheaper. Contact our reputable knowledgeable vendors and they will steer you in the right direction for your truck. Trust me on this...

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
i have heard that from other people. what about edge? or any other suggestions...
I actually have nothing bad to say about the Banks system. It will do what it says it will do to a point. They were the first to innovate a lot of the systems that imitate. Their use of smart phones are exemplary.

The EDGE has gotten better over the years, Still not the best. I have met with some of the company management of the EDGE facility in Utah. They are really trying hard to get out a reliable product to meat emissions. They just got done with an EPA warning that changed their product line.

I will say this most of your flash tuners with the exception of banks share the same software coding Like EFILive for most Duramax trucks. There has been a lot of moving around of talented software writers for EDGE, PPE, SCT, Quadzila, H&S, and BullyDog. Do some research and take your pick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.