Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in May of this year my truck decided to intermittently not start. Problem went away, well it came back in October. I took it to the shop at work and the guys hooked it up and told me it flashed the ICP code...whatever sensor is on the passenger side upper part of engine. I bought a new one and the problem never recurred. Well it did yesterday after driving back home from a 300+ mile drive. went inside took a shower and it will not start. Had the part still and replaced it ....still wont start...dead in driveway. Any ideas?? And how spendy can this get??

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
Check you batteries and make sure they are fresh and over 5 years old. Then find somebody with a Star tool scanner, or similar quality like a snap-on solus-pro. If there are no codes present. I will bet you have a fuel problem if it's cranking over. If it's not cranking over try looking into your starter.

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
oops! I need to read all of the information and then all of the information!

Let me Fix my own post!​
Check your batteries and make sure they are fresh and Not over 5 years old. Then find somebody with a Star tool scanner, or similar quality like a snap-on solus-pro. If there are no codes present. I will bet you have a fuel problem if it's cranking over. If it's not cranking over try looking into your starter.
My post was misleading because I did not read the whole post from the OP (Original Poster). My sincere apologies.​

If it cranks and won't fire, then you should also check the FICM (fuel injection control module). Check out this link on how to do that.....

http://www.swampsdiesel.com/content/faq/ficm.htm
I think we need to know what the Code is? After all it has to do with the Injection control pressure (ICP) Not the Cam position sensor (CPS). It could be related to the FICM? To br8kitoff Is your oil level up? I would start with that. If it's fine, then we need more information on that Code or codes. As far as cost? I'm not sure till we pinpoint the issue at hand.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
It's a Powerstroke they eat cam position sensors.
:doh:​
No they don't. Ford supplied a defective CPS to a Navistar/International Product. and the recall CPS is no better from Ford. I bought the original International CPS for my truck (you know the T444E) and have yet to replace it. My fuel economy has returned as a direct result of changing to the International CPS. To bad they no longer make them. :Na_Na_Na_Na: The only other one that is slightly better is not the grey CPS from ford, but one that is black with a purple o-ring.
:box2:
Your still my favorite Zombie Soldier! :smileup:​

·
Registered
543 Posts
If the OP can't get access to a proper scan tool to pull codes, he should at least check the voltage on his FICM. It is way to easy to do and doesn't take long at all. At least then he will know that it is or isn't the problem, plus he will have a good idea of what his FICM condition is. FICMs going out are VERY common on a 6.0, ask me how I know.

·
Banned
1,488 Posts
I'm gone wait till we hear back from br8kitoff. At this point we have very little information to go with.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'm gone wait till we hear back from br8kitoff. At this point we have very little information to go with.
I'm gonna wait ??? :wavey:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts