2017 6.7L MPG horrible! - DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM
DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM  

Go Back   DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM > Dodge Ram Diesel Forum - Cummins Forum > Dodge Diesel General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Diesel General Discussion General Chat about your DODGE Diesel Truck.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:33 PM
Diesel Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Dodge
Trim Level: tradesman
Color: white
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:10
airborne23 is on a distinguished road
Default 2017 6.7L MPG horrible!

Well im new here and i just bought my first cummins ive only owned duramax's up until a month ago and so far very disappointed. IDK if its because all of the emissions crap or what. I made a drive from phoenix az to flagstaff az mostly uphill about 160 miles with my new 2500 towing my 17ft trailer with my 4 seater rzr 1000 and only got 8.5 MPG, i didnt even do the speed limit stayed at 68mph the whole way up. Now making that same trip towing the exact same equipment with my 2003 chevy duramax i would get 17mpg, is this normal with the new cummins? i also only got 11mpg going down the hill back to phoenix. the cummins currently has 1200 miles on it so far and is completly stock my duramax was also stock minus the 4inch mbrp exhaust and 55 gallon fuel tank.