Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

2005 durmax electrical problems

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  In2Trux 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

My name is Karson, My family has some mountain property and its pretty steep grade. Well I blew a fuse up there once that lead to my truck going into limp mode and then me having to ride my brakes the hole way down the Mountain. Well today the exact same thing happen and I replaced a blown fuse as well again i think in the same spot. Sucks.

Well the problem now is I cant get my truck to come back out of limp mode. I Un plugged battery's and replaced fuse like I said, Its still stuck in same spot. Its a 2005 durmax with 45k miles on it and lots of extras on it :/. Including a MSD propane system and chip intake exhaust the hole lot. If anyone could help me with this i would deeply appreciate this. Only had the truck for 6 months. This is second time its happen. Help

#2 ·
Oh WOW! Well, problem number one is you disconnected the batteries before scanning the truck for codes after the second offense. But I do understand you have a family and need to keep things going. You need to have it scanned and tested, and find out what's going on. Are you using any programmer? If it's not EFILive or even if it is. Take the truck back to stock programming, if it's not to heavily modified. Some trucks get so modified that you can't go back to stock programming. So you might have to take it to a shop! Sorry you're not always going to get answers on a forum and this is one of those times. We don't have much information on the modifications and programmer. This could be a simple electrical problem, but I don't know.

#3 ·
My name is Derek and I have a 2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax and I haven't drove my truck in 2 days, I tried to start it up this morning and it wouldn't turn over and it was throwing 2 codes, U0101 and a P0700 and I don't know exactly where to start to try and figure out what is actually wrong with it. could anyone help me out?

#4 ·
P0700 is the TCM requesting a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light aka: ("check enginehttp://www.*****************/forum/#"). All the 700 code does is tell the ECM "something's wrong" and to illuminate the MIL. The U0101 indicates a remote start system malfunction or safety issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.