How Best to Improve MPG of my 2012 Ram Diesel - Page 3 - DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM
DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM  

Go Back   DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM > Dodge Ram Diesel Forum - Cummins Forum > CUMMINS PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel - 2500 & 3500 > Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Performance - Engine

Notices

Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Performance - Engine Adding performance aftermarket products to your Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel engine.

Old 04-08-2017, 02:07 PM
Diesel Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Dodge
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2011-2012 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
nicktwaltz is on a distinguished road
Default Engine fan

Hello, I recently bought a 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Cummins and deleted and tuned it. One thing I've noticed about the truck is that it seems to run its engine fan rather excessively, even when it was stock. The coolant level was a little low so I filled it up to the max cold level on the reservoir thinking that it would fix my problem but it hasn't. The water temp is normally anywhere from 200-208 and the truck never warns me about high water temp or low coolant level. The engine fan will kick on and off so I know it's not a fan clutch that's gone out. Also, I haven't found any water leaks and I blow out my radiator regularly. Does anybody have any suggestions on what the issue may be and what to do about it? Thanks