Diesel Forum - All Diesel Forum banner

A Lesson Leared at a Stealership

16K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  97cummins 
#1 · (Edited)
I learned when I bought my 07 Silv CCSB from a dealership, if you want something done or replaced on the truck to make them commit to doing it.
Don't let them give you the run around, like "Oh I'm sure the mechanic will do that in the safety check.

I was concerned with my tires. I wanted them replaced. Salesman said "Oh I'm sure they have to be replaced during the safety"

When the truck was ready for pick up. Turns out they didn't need to be replaced. Still enough tread to pass safety.

As soon as my son saw my new (new to me) truck he noticed the tires.
He looked at me and said "Your illegal" Those tires shouldn't be on your truck.

UPDATE
My son is a licensed mechanic for a European car dealership
Also we live in Northern Ontario

BACK TO THE STORY
My son pointed out that the tires on my truck had just enough tread to probably pass safety, but they were worn out Street Studded tire.
In Northern Ontario, Street Studs are only allowed from Nov 31 to Mar 31
It was June so as soon as I drove off the lot I was breaking the law.

Short story short : It was their responsibility to insure the truck was SAFE. It was my responsibility to insure the truck was LEGAL

Lesson Learned... But Still a loosed return customer :smiledown:

See less See more
#2 ·
i personally wouldnt have driven it off of the lot untill they made the vehicle safe, and replaced the tires. i have never signed any papers for loans etc without having it in delivery condition prior to signing. protects myself and my family. sorry to hear you had an issue with the stealership. did they ever replace them for you?

#3 ·
Good advice. I think the next time I ever buy a truck I'm not gonna sign anything until it is read to deliver. I should have did that too.
If I had have known about that street stud law I wouldn''t have driven it off the lot until it was made right.

I went back the next day. While they were fixing my bouncing brakes I ended up having an argument in the show room with the owner of the dealership and the salesman about the tires.

During the argument I could see the mechanic PLUCKING the studs out of the tires. I told him to get my truck out of their garage. I'm out of here. :shakehead:

I ended up having to buy my own. All my warranty work is now done at a different dealership

#6 ·
I pick up 4 BFG 265 70R 17 KO T/A

Here is a picture of the worn street studs

#8 ·
Just to update this sad heart wrenching thread of my truck purchase woews

To respond to Gregg's post. No. there isn't a hole lot of tread on those tires. BUT They served me well for the winter and they will be replaced before next winter.

Here is my new summer tires. I'm so friggen happy I found this deal.
The rims are American Racing, Dale Earnhart Signature Series Rims
and the Tires are TOYO All Terrain Grapplers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.