New to Diesels. Help please. - DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM
DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM  

Go Back   DIESEL FORUM - ALL DIESEL FORUM > Diesel Forum - General Discussion > Diesel General Discussion

Notices

Diesel General Discussion General Chat about Diesel Trucks. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:45 PM
Diesel Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
Earl Swagger is on a distinguished road
Default New to Diesels. Help please.

Good Afternoon,

I am new in the diesel market. I am currently looking for a 4x4 06-07 LBZ Duramax or a 06-07 5.9L Cummins. I can usually find these in with under 120k miles in the price range I'm looking to be in. I will tow a 11-12K lb mini excavator from time to time but for the most part it will just be the truck I drive on the weekends. I've googled LBZ vs 5.9 and read some post but most were from 08-09. I was just curious if you had any insight now that these trucks are 10 years old. Pros and Cons of each. I'm mainly looking for reliability. I don't see myself putting a lot of money into performance mods. I'd be happy with just a mild tune. My co-workers who have diesels are pushing me toward the Cummins and I have friends pushing towards the Duramax. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Earl
Old 02-14-2017, 12:43 PM
Diesel Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: Dodge
Trim Level: 2500 SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1995 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 175hp 420lb/ft(manual), 160hp 400lb/ft(auto)
CoalTrickle is on a distinguished road

I'm partial to Cummins 5.9s, myself. The sound, the power, and the reliability are hard to beat.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:10 AM
Diesel Forum Newcomer

DaveH is on a distinguished road
Default which power stroke to buy????

hello I'm new also. I am in construction looking to pull a 20ft enclosed trailer around often to jobsites. I am guessing it will weigh upwards of 5k lbs. or more. who knows what else ill pull. I am leaning to by a power stroke in the year range 08-13. what engines and years are more reliable? also any info would be appreciated.

thanks Dave